Website City of Rogersville
The City of Rogersville will be interviewing qualified candidates for a Park Manager.
You can read the full job description below! Applications will be accepted through the 31st of May, 2023.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off in person, or by mail to:
City of Rogersville
211 E Center
PO Box 19
Rogersville, MO 65742
If you would like more information please contact Katie Robertson at 417-753-2884 extension 311.
Job Title: Park Manager
Department: Parks & Recreation
Hours: 32-40 hours/week
• Employee will perform a variety of duties involving the upkeep, cleaning, supervision, and maintenance of
Rogersville City Park and games, as assigned. This includes duties such as cleaning/stocking bathrooms,
pick up trash, emptying trash cans, weeding and maintenance of landscape areas, general cleanup of the
park and facilities and general maintenance. Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Works under the close supervision of the Parks & Recreation Director
• Seasonal Park staff
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs normal duties in areas in which assigned such as day to day park activities, athletics,
maintenance, special events and programs.
• Assists staff during various program activities and special events offered by Parks and Recreation.
• Attends in-service training and additional staff training as necessary.
• Enforces facility policies, rules and regulations as necessary.
• Assists in emergency protocol as required in training.
• Preparation of daily records as required by supervisor.
• Assists in sanitary operation of facility and restrooms.
• Operates equipment safely and reports any unsafe work condition or practice to supervisor.
• Assist key staff in facility set-up for organized events as necessary.
• Distribution of facility related promotional materials.
• Upkeep of social media.
• Taking messages for Park Director when they are unavailable.
• Data entry.
• May also perform unskilled and semi-skilled work necessary to the operation of maintenance of parks,
lawns, and grounds including manual labor, operation of motorized equipment, equipment maintenance,
building, grounds maintenance, and construction.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience:
• Any combination of experience and training which demonstrates the knowledge and experience to
perform the work
• Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Friendly and helpful attitude
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work independently
• Management experience preferred
• Strong communication skills, customer service orientation
• Ability to move tables, chairs, furniture (for set up of events) and perform manual labor
• Ability to work with people of all backgrounds
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms.
• The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate
objects, tools, or controls.
• The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or
• The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more
than 100 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
• The employee may work indoors which may be temperature regulated. Employee may be exposed to
extreme weather conditions of hot and cold as well as dust and/or pollen.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
• Formal application, rating of education and experience; oral interview and reference check; job related
tests may be required.
• The position description is a general guideline for work behavior and is not intended to be a
comprehensive listing of all job duties. Therefore, it is also not, nor can it be implied to be a contract of
employment. The contents of this position description may be changed without notice, and employment
may be determined by either party at will.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com